Sunday, May 27, 2007

Happy Stampy Sunday!


Some friends are coming over this morning to make cards.
We try to do this once a month, but everyone was so busy last month that we couldn't get together.
So I have been having withdrawals.
It's really fun. There are usually 5-7 of us. Everyone brings a project and all the supplies, and then we make each others projects.
Then we eat. Oh, did I forget to mention that it is also a potluck brunch?
Yeah, I think we like the eating as much as we like the stamping!
My food contribution for the day will be tea, coffee, various Italian sodas and some veggie/hummus roll-ups for the appetizer.
I will post the card contribution later. But for now, here is a card I did a couple years ago as part of a set of 20 different cards I made for a friend.
She was in the running to be Miss Leukemia/Lymphoma of Oregon and needed things for a silent auction. So I made a set of cards for her and a duplicate set for me.
That was my first real foray into making a lot of cards and really focusing on the details. Back then I thought these were the fanciest cards ever. Since then, I have gotten more elaborate with my creations.
By the way, my friend didn't win the title. But she did raise several thousand dollars for the Leukemia/Lymphona Society.
She is the most awesome chick ever. http://www.onewahine.blogspot.com/

No comments: