Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's a lifestyle change

I will admit it: I am bad at meal-planning.

I tend to decide what I want to make for dinner on the way home from work and go to the grocery store on an almost daily basis.

This needs to stop. I know once the kid comes (and even before then as I get too tired) that going shopping every day will be out of the question.

So this week I tried my hand at meal-planning.

But I started small, with just three nights. It seemed to work OK. But it will be a big adjustment for me.

Night 1: Caesar salad (dressing made without raw eggs) with grilled shrimp and avocado; garlic toast


Night 2: Herb-grilled chicken with herb-yogurt sauce, above, (click on name for recipe)

Night 3: Grilled steaks, grilled Yukon gold potatoes and another little Caesar salad (this is for tonight)

It has worked out OK, this meal-planning thing. I went to the store one time for three meals.

What a novel idea.

No comments: