Saturday, April 4, 2009

Round Robin: By the Numbers

It's another photo challenge over at Round Robin.
Since this one was my idea, I guess I have to participate, right?
The topic is "By the Numbers."
Head over to Round Robin to see who else played.

Most of these were taken on the recent seafood-eating excursion to the Redondo Beach pier.
Who knew there were so many numbers involved in eating seafood?


Your orders, 01401 and 18387 will be ready in 20-30 minutes.
(And hammers are available in the beer department.)


Speaking of the beer department... Carta Blanca... 1 quart for each of us.


Hammers. For a mere $3 deposit each.


Our finest table coverings were recent editions of the Asahi Shimbun newspaper.



I saw some numbers here in a few fonts I liked.
Not that I know what it says. But it sure looks cool


And the number that started it all. Nothing to do with seafood here.
This was taken at the parking garage at work.
It was one of the first pictures I took with the new camera, a Canon G9, that I got back in October 2008.
'Tis all.
Hope to see y'all back here soon with some cool underwater photos from my dives at Anacapa!

15 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I hope it was tasty :)

I played too :)

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Love all your numbers. Great post! And yummy looking food!! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Anonymous said...

great number shots!!!!
thanks for the challenge idea.

MyMaracas said...

Very creative! I love the Chinese shots, especially. You have a great eye for a shot.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, good shots of numbers.

I vaule your comments on mine too, please drop by.

Carly said...

Hi Jill :)

Doesn't everyone think of beer and hammers at the same time? Tee Hee. Neat photos, well done! Thanks so much for the awesome suggestion!

:)

-Carly

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi jill, Great numbers challenge! I love your big five! :)

Linda said...

Great pictures and you're right---never knew there were so many numbers associated with food!

Suzanne R said...

Cool entry! The numbers are everywhere! Thanks for thinking this one up.

Yecap said...

Great selection of eclectic numbers. The number 5 however is my favourite. Very inspirational. The execution of the shot is brilliant as good as I've seen. Well done and thanks again for suggesting the theme.

Chris
:)

Monica said...

Great post and I love the composition of your photos. I will admit, I think I may have cursed you a few times for the suggestion! However, once I found the inspiration it wasn't so bad. Now, I'm seeing all kinds of ways to photographs numbers. :-) It's all good, I won't curse you anymore ... I promise.

Monica

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Fascinations, and very well photographed! I'm especially intrigued with the newspaper shots, and the 5 has a lot of character. I've never seen that kind of seafood hammer before, either.

The posted wait time reminds me of Thompson's Clam Bar on Cape Cod. My 40-year-old memory is that it took a long time to get there and a long time to get the food, and my parents complained about the price. But I loved it!

Gattina said...

Nice idea and a lot of numbers, lol !

Jan AKA Wammy said...

Interesting post...love the number five. I need it for the side of the barn...

ellen b. said...

Hi Jill! Thanks for this challenge!
So sorry I'm so late in getting around to our Numbers challenge. My modem died on Saturday and then the weekend just got more and more bizarre! I'm happy to be able to visit today and see all the fun number shots. Enjoy your week!