Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Starry, starry night...






Well, the meteor shower was kind of a bust. But just seeing the sky without all the distractions of city lights was beautiful.

I took a lot of photos, but most didn't come out.
I am posting just a few here now. The first three are just night images. I used a little photoshop trick to bring the trees out more in the first one. The fourth looks to be a meteor that I was lucky enough to capture. I think the last one shows a plane.
Click on a photo if you want to see it larger.

We also made it by the house where I grew up. There really isn't anything left of it. Not enough to call a house anyway.

I will post on that later.
For now, just enjoy the night sky.

2 comments:

Jim Thomsen said...

Which is the third rock from the sun? :)

Sona said...

I love celestial displays like that. Where I live there is too much city lights to see. And honestly, I'm too old and tired to stay up until 3 am.

I can remember laying on the roof of my childhood home watching the sky. We lived in the country then, and it was always dark at night and the sky was bright with stars.