Saturday, August 11, 2007

Meteors, rite?

The man friend and I are heading out to the desert tomorrow.
The desert in August?
Yep. We are hoping to get away from the city lights and get a good look at the Perseid meteor shower. It is supposed to be at its peak late tomorrow night/early Monday morning.
Since I am from the desert, I figured I would take mf out there to the land of my people. Of course all my people live in the South Bay now, but whatev.
There are a few little inns and motels and hotels out there in that area, but I settled on the Harmony Motel. I used to go by this every day on my way to junior high and high school.
The claim to fame they boast of most is that U2 stayed there while working on "The Joshua Tree."
It looks like they have done a fair amount of work on the place since my high school days, and I am really looking forward to staying at a funky little place instead of one of the budget chain places out there.
I plan on taking a lot of pictures. I haven't used my digital camera for long exposure times, so that might be interesting. And I need to dig up and dust off my 35mm slr for the occasion.
Alas, poor mf will have to suffer through the tour of my childhood haunts.
Oh wait, it is the middle of the freaking nowhere desert. That tour will take all of about 30 minutes.

3 comments:

JBerta said...

Ha! I remember that headline. Have fun!

Jill said...

yeah. that will always be one of my favorite headlines that I wrote.
And one of my favorite covers that I designed. It was so newsy.

Jim Thomsen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.