Saturday, August 4, 2007

Yesterday, today and tomorrow... oh and Monday, too

Just a few minor updates to catch everyone up on the minutiae of my life:
Yesterday: I worked. It was work. After work I went home and the manfriend came over and made some burgers on the grill. We mixed some garlic and barbecue sauce right into the meat. Topped with a slice of cheddar and some avocado, those were some pretty tasty burger. He also made some grilled corn for him (I skipped that part) and I did a large russet potato. I cut it into four big slices, added some garlic butter and wrapped it in foil to bake on the grill. Potatoes are pretty good that way. I think the burger was the most exciting part of my day.
Today: Again, I am at work. After work mf is coming over so we can grill again. Yes, we are very boring. Anyway, I made a quick marinade of soy, ponzu, sesame oil and brown sugar. I zipped it up with a little dijon mustard and some red chili paste. It was sweet and tangy, so I reserved some to reduce and make a glaze. The rest I poured over a pork tenderloin soak for the next 8 or so hours. I plan to make some basmati rice and sauteed spinach with sesame seeds to go with that.
Tomorrow: Some friends of mine are having a 1st birthday party for their daughter. She is a cute, fat little thing. I still need to get a gift. I am thinking books. I love "Where the Wild Things Are" and her dad said she doesn't have that. So that is a given. I probably also will get some of the Dr. Seuss books. Every kid needs those. That is the afternoon. I think the evening will be just relaxing at home, maybe doing some chores.
Monday: I have my pottery class in the morning. I don't have any firm plans for the afternoon, but it would be nice to just relax. If I can get all my chores done Sunday, then I can be lazy Monday afternoon. Oh, and I probably will grill again.
Maybe something more exciting will happen or I will think of something insightful to add to the blog. Maybe not.

1 comment:

Jim Thomsen said...

Every kid needs the basic Dr. Seuss building blocks in their library:

"Green Eggs and Ham"

"The Cat in the Hat"

"One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish"

"Hop on Pop"

"Oh, the Places You'll Go!"

"Fox in Socks"

"How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

"There's a Wocket in My Pocket!"

"Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories"

"And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street"

"Horton Hears A Who"

"McElligot's Pool"

"Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now!"

"The Lorax"

Buy two or three a year. Start that sprat off right.