Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Wow, three whole days of work

A couple guys showed up today to work on my kitchen.
One of them said that the other job they were working on was done, so they would be at my house all week.
Um, yeah.
It's Wednesday. All week is all of three days.
It was a little noisy in there today.
They seemed to be sanding and doing final prep work on the walls.
There is a rumor that they will start hanging cabinets tomorrow.
But that is what they said last week, so I won't hold my breath.
If they do manage to get beyond wall prep, I will take some more pictures to post.
I stopped by their offices yesterday to make a payment and try to get a more firm timeline of the project.
Of course the woman I need to speak with was not there. She called me yesterday while I was out. I called her today while she was out.
But she did mention something in her message about doing the "templates" this week.
I am not sure what that means.
I know there is a template they need to cut the counter tops for the sink, etc.
So I really want to talk to her and find out what the heck is happening and when it will happen.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Templates are like sewing patterns, they make a pattern of the sink in paper and tape it to the countertop. Then they know how much to cut out.

Or if you are like me, you make the template slightly too small, so the hole in the countertop is too small. Then you buy an expensive grinding wheel and fill the house with yet more dust.

Sounds like they're making progress though.