Saturday, December 15, 2007

Season's Greetings

I really did plan on making and sending Christmas cards this year.
It just got by me.
Last year and the year before I made two styles of cards. One was fun and flirty and one was sedate and serene.
I think I made about 70 total. And yes, I have that many people on my card list.
This year I have managed to make one card.
Not style of card.
One actual card.
It's nice, huh?
I made it for the monthly stamping/eating group I am in. We all bring cards, we all bring a dish. We stamp, we eat.
It looks better up close because you can see the two shades of green on the leaves and sentiment.
I double stamped them in a light green and a dark green over it. The light green makes a shadow effect.
There also is some glittery stuff on the leaves that does not pick up in the photo. Oh well.
You get the idea.
I think that I should start now to make my cards for next year.
But then I figure I would just put them in a place where I would not be able to find them next year.
Or when I did find them I would think they were ugly. And by then it would be December and I would once again not have the time or inclination to make cards.
Maybe I should start at Halloween.
OK. I am out. Time to go to work.
Finally, my Friday.

1 comment:

Sona said...

While looking for something else, I found a handful of Xmas cards I had hand made years ago. I sent them out this year.

I like your design!