Saturday, January 5, 2008

Excuses, excuses...

I have been blog slacking, I know.
Mostly it is because I have been going in to work earlier. Usually I would blog in the morning.
Lately I have been trying to get more chores done in the morning before work and blogging does not always make that list.
By the time I get home from work it is at least 9 p.m. and the last thing I want to do after sitting at a computer all days is sit at a computer.
So I need to work out some blogging time in the morning.
Anyway...

It's rainy here. I like it. I think I need to make cookies this weekend. Or a cake. Something. I love how the house feels all warm and cozy from the baking.

So, what have I done this week?
I got my chimney swept Wednesday. They also replaced the seal and chimney cap. He said the the old cap was too small for the chimney. I hope the new cap means that I can have fire without the house smelling like a campfire.

I did some minor household chores and errands. Other than that I pretty much just worked.

Boring. Yeah, I am boring.

I have begun planning my kitchen-warming party. That means I need to get on the ball and hem (or have hemmed) the curtains for the kitchen. I also need to paint the door. I have been saying that for weeks and never seem to do it.
It might be too damp this weekend. But if the rain continues, I won't have a choice. I need to have that done my Jan. 20 at the latest.

The party is Jan. 27.

Time to start planning that menu. Yay!

Well, I am going now. I hope to have more interesting and insightful posts in the coming days.

In the meantime, stay dry and stay warm.

No comments: