Saturday, June 7, 2008

One more chapter

I take the written portion of my dive test tomorrow.

I have one more chapter to read in the big book, but I have mastered the small book and the dive tables.

I hope.

The dive tables tell you how much nitrogen you have in your body after a dive to a certain depth for a certain amount of time.

They help you figure out how much time you need to allow between dives and how deep and for how long you can dive repetitively so that you do not exceed the nitrogen limit.

They were easier than I thought.

I was fearful of math. But there really is not math involved.

But there is that test.

And there is the worry that my wetsuit will not be done on time.

I had this worry from the start. But it was compounded today.

I went to the dive shop before heading to work today to pick up the gear for tomorrow. They are not open at 7:30 a.m., so we get the stuff a day early.

While I was at the wetsuit place Monday ordering my suit, one of the dive shop guys came in.
He said hi, dropped some repair work off and left.

When I saw him today, he said he was hoping my suit was done on time because JMJ can be a little slow.

I told him that I asked the guys at JMJ several times about the suit being done in time for the June 14 dive. They assured me it would be done June 13. Cutting it close, but doable.

Then the dive shop owner said "Oh yeah, they do great work. But they are not fast. You need to call them every other day to make sure they are on top of it."

Yay.

I was planning on calling Monday anyway. They are not open weekends.

Maybe I will take the time tomorrow after the class to bake some cookies or something and go over there.

Maybe putting my face in front of them again will help get things done on time.

Fingers crossed...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! Test done and now you get to babysit the pros making your suit. My fingers are crossed, too!