Saturday, August 2, 2008

Heading home

Night view of Frenchman's cove and resort from my balcony.
More pictures to come when I get home.


I leave St. Thomas in a few hours to head home.

So, today will be another full day of airports and airplanes.

I will be happy to see my house, my cats, my family and, of course, the manfriend.

It is always disappointing when a great vacation has to end, but in this case, I think I am ready to come home.

Most of my vacations are exhausting because I spend so much time walking around cities, walking around museums, walking around parks or plazas or, in the case of Tuscany years back, walking around a mountain.

This vacation was exhausting because I spent so much time in the water. Diving seems so zen and peaceful when you are 50 feet down looking at the pretty, pretty fish. But it is deceptively tiring.
I also did a kayak and snorkel trip that was fun but work a good part of the time.
And don't even get me started on the humidity here.

Not that I am complaining. I had a blast doing all those things. And lord knows I can use the exercise to counter the rum drinks.

But yeah, I will be happy to get home.

Even more so since reading that the coming week on the island will be full of stormy days.

2 comments:

Sona said...

Total envy. It's been years since we have been able to afford a decent vacation.

Jill said...

Really, should I have spent the money? Probably not.
But I needed this vacation so bad. It was totally worth it.
And I was able to economize on some things and splurge on others.
Like my flights that had me making an extra stop in Puerto Rico both ways instead of just one stop in Miami.
I was able to save almost $300 by making that extra stop.
It was a bit more tedious and inconvenient. But that extra stop paid for all three of my dive days, six dives total.