Saturday, June 2, 2007

A couple takes on one set



This set is the Pattern of Friendship set from Stampin' Up. It was in one of the mini catalogs a while back, last summer I think. It has the small dresses (four in a row on one stamp) and a couple '50s looking ladies in dresses on a larger stamp. There are some others in that set, but I can't remember them all.
Whatever.
I did the red card first for a swap with my regular stamping group, it was late last summer. I did the pink and brown card a few weeks ago for a swap on Splitcoast (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/).
The Splitcoast swap was to highlight the use of brads or eyelets. I chose eyelets and played them up with the ribbon.
I really like the simplicity of the red card, with its graphic colors and a touch of black. But the pink and brown combination is a favorite of mine. And I thought using the different patterned papers and the pinking shears would make it look like different patterns of fabric.
Maybe. Maybe not.
But it is a fun card. And there was a prize attached to that swap. The hostess was having her fiance choose the winner. He didn't choose me. But she liked my card enough to declare me a winner also. So I get a prize, too. I won't know what it is until I get my swaps back in the mail next week.
Anyway, here is a link to the card that her fiance chose: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/571720?cat=10336
I finished cards for the purple swap, but don't have photos yet. I will post those when I have time. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: