Monday, June 4, 2007

Purple poppies



So I finally have the pictures of the purple cards I did for an online swap. I did the top one first, but wanted to coordinate the paper more, so I ditched the big piece of dark purple paper and brought in more of the stripes.

I used a smaller piece of the dark paper just to accent the image of the green flower pot.

The images and sentiment are all from PaperTreyInk (www.papertreyink.com) and the striped paper is from Stampin' Up.

I stamped the pot in green, then overstamped in versamark and embossed with a thick clear powder to give it the glassy, shiny look.

The middle flower is cut out and popped up and the center of it is embossed in black.

It can be hard to get a real sense of the embossing and dimension in the photos.

These took quite a while to make. There was a lot of embossing, and cutting out the pots and each flower was quite time-consuming. Assembly was time-consuming as well. I sure hope my fellow swappers like them!

Anyway, yesterday I went to a family barbecue (sooooooooo much good food) and after soaked in a very hot jacuzzi for a while. It was so relaxing. I was falling asleep by the time I got home at about 9 p.m.

Today I am off work, but was feeling a little queasy this morning. No, not from the barbecue. I am not sure why. But I checked with some other people who were there and no one else feels ill. So it probably was just one of those weird things.

I am doing better now, but I did skip pottery this morning. Bummer.

It was for the best since I have tickets to the Angels-Twins game tonight and I wanted to be sure I was feeling well enough to partake in the stadium cuisine of hot dogs and beer.

Now, since I am home, I am going to tackle some bills, then head out for some errands.

I hope everyone has a good day!

No comments: