Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lost weekend

Is it a lost weekend when you don't do anything, but still enjoy it?

Maybe not.

I didn't cook anything.
I barely cleaned anything.
I ignored chores and errands as much as possible.

Sunday was a stamping day. I was going to go without a card. I just had let the time slip away during the week and never made a card to swap.

By Saturday night, I was just thinking I could owe everyone two cards next month.

But a bad night sleep (thanks barky dog and a-hole with a tempermental car alarm) gave me time to formulate a card in my mind.

I got up at 8 a.m. and put together the sample card. It looked pretty good so I went ahead and put together all eight cards I would need for the swap.

I will post a picture of it after I get to a computer with Photoshop.

My food contribution this month was easy: salad. I decided to do all the pieces separately, like a mini salad bar. I had romaine lettuce, mushrooms, radishes, tomato, cucumber, avocado, and fresh roasted beets. I also made a homemade blue cheese dressing and grabbed a bottle of lo-cal Ital at the market.

No one ate the lo-cal Ital. And even though I figured not many people would like the beets, everyone ate the beets.

Stamping pretty much took all day Sunday.

For dinner that night I just reheated some chili I had made and stuck in the freezer a couple of months ago.

Monday I helped a friend with an errand in the Valley. On the way back, we took the ocean route and ended up having lunch in Hermosa Beach at Fritto Misto for pasta.

It was close to 3 by the time I got home. Instead of doing chores, I took a cat nap on the couch. Since I had a cat on me the whole time, it really was just a cat nap.

When the manfriend came over, we went out to get some food.

Since I had a late lunch of pasta, I was not really hungry.

We tried a couple of pubs since it was St. Patrick's Day.

But even though it was only 6:30, those pubs were packed. So we ended up just going to (insert giant chain restaurant here). It was what I expected. Whatever.

All I had was half a turkey sandwich and a cup of soup anyway. Too bad the waiter did not know the meaning of the word "brothy." That was NOT brothy soup.

Oh well.

After that we went o my favorite dive bar, had a pint and went home.

Quite the exciting St. Patty's Day. It's a good thing I am not Irish. They would disown me.

So, that was my exciting weekend. Now it is time to go back to work and start the cycle once more.

So was that a lost weekend? Not really.

Was it productive? Not even close.

No comments: